Hamilton Accies

eljaggo

Unfortunate not to get the penalty. Both teams playing 'try not to lose' and desperately low on confidence. That pitch is a joke so I will refrain from judging the performance too much.

Horrible feeling is we might need to limp to January with what we have. Left back (although Lawless did really well) and central midfield are extremely vulnerable.

4 points from 9 says it all. These last three game were all must win games and even the Dundee game was a steal. Are we going in the right direction?? The Hibees brought on a lad at sixteen in a derby match........could You see Archie doing the same.....

Or you could look at it as 4 points from 6!!!! It's all about perspective, why be positive when you could be negative!

Actually thought we were ok last night! Barton and Lawless were much improved.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

In relation to substitutions, I don't think anyone played badly enough to be replaced. We were by far the better side of 2 poor teams.

But after Saturday, having witnessed the difference fresh legs made, I think at least 1 sub could have been made. We ran out of ideas 2nd half once Lawless became less effective. BTW- was he not playing left mid rather than left wing back? He wasn't doing much defending thank God and played beautifully in the 1st half.

Possibly Fraser on for Barton or Edwards. Or Erskine on for 1 of the strikers.

I am not happy with 1 point considering the standard of the opposition. That was a real chance of an away win.

• Like 1

Left back (although Lawless did really well) and central midfield are extremely vulnerable.

Realistically we can only play Wee Stevie at left wing back. Our midfield from a defensive point of view is indeed extremely vulnerable. Without Abdul almost non existent. With three at the back we are of course one midfielder down or two midfielders down if we persist with two up front. Last night from an attacking point of view we simply hoofed the ball to Doolan and/or Storey. Conditions kinda dictated we bypass midfield or at least it was an obvious ploy to use. I fear tho' without a ball winner in midfield it's going to be damage limitation till Osman returns or at least get a couple of other key players back to help out.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Just seen the replay and it looks bad from the TV angles. However I agree with MJ- from my perfect view it was definitely outside.

me too, but the ref appeared to be almost directly behind so he had a good view. Mind you that never helped us with Imrie's save! 67 away league games without a penalty and it'll be another 67 if we can't even get stonewallers that the ref see's clearly.

what about the other pen claim? It looked to me that Docherty was backing in and Turnbull(?) stepped away from him so he fell over himself, but Canning reckons he was pulled to the ground

Thought Archie was funny in radio interview last night. Uncharacteristic in strongly criticising ref decision in denying us a penalty. Probably feels he has to, given our record.

But then asked about Accies claims he laughed and admitted, I've not looked at them. You only look at the ones you're interested in.

4 points from 9 says it all. These last three game were all must win games and even the Dundee game was a steal. Are we going in the right direction?? The Hibees brought on a lad at sixteen in a derby match........could You see Archie doing the same.....

We didn't win them and what has changed ? "Must win" is fake news

• Like 1

Realistically we can only play Wee Stevie at left wing back. Our midfield from a defensive point of view is indeed extremely vulnerable. Without Abdul almost non existent. With three at the back we are of course one midfielder down or two midfielders down if we persist with two up front. Last night from an attacking point of view we simply hoofed the ball to Doolan and/or Storey. Conditions kinda dictated we bypass midfield or at least it was an obvious ploy to use. I fear tho' without a ball winner in midfield it's going to be damage limitation till Osman returns or at least get a couple of other key players back to help out.

Agree with all of this. We were talking about how we could change it 2nd half, because we all like change and it always works, but I really didn't see any change that jumped out as obvious. 3 centre backs, with Barton's natural tendency to drop deeper as the game goes on, really invites teams on to us.

In relation to substitutions, I don't think anyone played badly enough to be replaced. We were by far the better side of 2 poor teams.

But after Saturday, having witnessed the difference fresh legs made, I think at least 1 sub could have been made. We ran out of ideas 2nd half once Lawless became less effective. BTW- was he not playing left mid rather than left wing back? He wasn't doing much defending thank God and played beautifully in the 1st half.

Possibly Fraser on for Barton or Edwards. Or Erskine on for 1 of the strikers.

I am not happy with 1 point considering the standard of the opposition. That was a real chance of an away win.

That is one worry. Against some teams we can risk Lawless at LWB and he does work his socks off but some of the teams we will play in November have quick and clever wingers and even similar FBs ... I would expect managers to identify Lawless as someone who can be got at as he is playing out of his natural position and set up the quickest, trickiest players to go up against him.

I think the word for this season is "stagnant." Archie has been a revelation since becoming manager, but whether he leaves during the season or in the summer, I think he would do well to seek out a new challenge, and we would do well to have some fresh ideas. And that isn't having a go at the gaffer, it's just my opinion.

• Like 1

I think the word for this season is "stagnant." Archie has been a revelation since becoming manager, but whether he leaves during the season or in the summer, I think he would do well to seek out a new challenge, and we would do well to have some fresh ideas. And that isn't having a go at the gaffer, it's just my opinion.

The word for this season is "injured". You can judge once the players are back whether we have stood still or regressed. As long as we are still in touch come the winter break I think we still have a chance of survival.

Who would you have taken off?

If you had been at the game, you would have realised that Doolan and Storey were linking up well throughout.

storey according to "jagzone" storey was getting into several good positions but his first and second touch in some instances were poor

felt that sammon would have brought something different to the game

Very concerning that we have 8 games in December probably without all/most of our injured players.

Archie is cobbling the team together as best he can at present. I expect him to select 'horses for courses' and not expose Lawless to Celtic or Aberdeen unless he has assistance from a defensive mid in front of him. Players Will need to be comfortable with regularly changing structures during this time, something the management have improved on but cannot forget about.

Proactivity is the word.

• Like 1

The word for the past 4 years has been "injured". Banzo has been out for the best part of 18 months, same with Fraser, Welsh, Dumbuya. The later needs to find a new career path. Just saying the word tackle puts him out for the season.

Add to that the signing of Nitriansky, a complete unknown and panic signing in my opinion has been found out and wasting a wage. Its clear that we don't have our problems to seek but there not all down to misfortune