Thistle v Cove Rangers

Albert's Ghost

1 hour ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Graham cost us today, but didn’t look good enough regardless. Still, stupid thing from an experienced player. He can go too.

You can bet he will get a comfy number as next manager or a coach.  As will Bannigan who I bet gets a new 2 year deal.  The comfyness of this club has no limits.

1 hour ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Really regretting deciding to go to Mordor next week. 

We are going to get absolutely hammered. 

We will probably narrowly lose.  All the players will suddenly recover,  Tiffoney, Brownlie etc will play out of their skins- then most will get injured and will be humped by Dundee Ayr etc.  the management trip will be under no pressures and a fortune will be wasted on 3 year contracts for Graham, Banzo, Hodson etc

You have to hand it McCall. He has played a blinder. Gets the club to spend over budget to push promotion,  has is in a downward spiral and going nowhere.

But now we are too skint to pay him and his 2 stooges off and he probably won't resign.

What a master stroke he has pulled. No matter how bad it gets he us safe.

We have no devine right to win games, but i don't think it was expecting to much for us to have won last week and this week. If we had we would have been up their chasing Queens Park. Instead we lose both games after 2 very inept and toothless performances, which now leaves us in a battle to get 4th at best. 

I know we have a very inexperienced board, but i hope they will have conversations with McCall about the direction we are going and how far he can take us.

Possibly the worst first half performance I have seen from a Thistle side in years, despite that we should have been two up before they scored .A lot better in second half when Tiff and Graham came on right up to the point where Graham saw the red mist,after that we regressed to standard dire .

Too many key players seem incapable of playing a full game….Graham,Tiff,McMillan,Lawless ,Fitzpatrick…..surely all can’t be carrying injuries ? .No pass marks today except perhaps Turner and Sneddon…who wanted to get up park for free kick toward the end but was gestured back by McCall . 

I’ve exiled myself from Ibrox for over 40 years but feel another doing next Sunday could destroy irreparably any fragile spirit we currently have and propel us to bottom half dogfighting close season .

Edited by Anniesland Jag
Mistake

Last week and this week have been utterly appalling. Queens Park are showing how to play the game on limited resources and a small fan base. I often wonder as a ST holder how folk must feel who hand over cash on the day to watch what I watched last week and today. Thoroughly regretting paying for hospitality and the bus from Firhill for Ibrox

Edited by westertonjagfan

First 45 was as poor as it gets.

I'm not convinced McMillan or Lawless were fit enough to play today. I get taking a gamble on Lawless because McCall is wedded to 4-3-3 at all costs but we could have started Hodson at rightback and McKinnon in midfield.

Mullen is only useful as a hold up player he offers no goal threat whatsoever. 

Second half when with Tiffoney, Graham and McKinnon on we were beginning to take a grip of the game and I would have at that stage fancied us to win the game not just equalise. However that was completely dead in the water as soon as Graham got sent off. It was a surprise to find that Fitzpatrick played the entire second half as he was so anonymous that I would swear he was subbed.

Referee was terrible, pitch was awful (why has that happened again?). Right now we are a club with no forward momentum.

How on earth we are still 4th in this league and 10 points off the top is both amazing and a damming inditement of the standard of this league. 

I honestly cant think of anything productive to say.

Two home ties against two opponents with 1 away win between them = 0 points.

I am now on board that a new manager is needed, but I dont know if that time is now or just to serve notice that new management will commence at the beginning of the new season.

The current management team seem decent people, however it is not working.

• Like 1

What was Graham's offence that led to the red card? 

Wasn't obvious to me at the time, but the fact that there was little protest suggests it was a stick-on.

That did not cost us the game though.

We followed up two recent howling home performances with ......................another howling home performance. And t6hat was already clear long before half-time.

Lawless wasn't fully fit - not his fault.

The two positives - such as they were - McAvoy who looked steady and composed, and Turner who looks a class above when he's played in his proper position.

Danny Mullen might be decent playing off a fit Brian Graham, but he is never a lone striker. No, no, and no once more.

1 hour ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

That was Cove's first away win of the season! Says it all!!

They'd shipped 22 goals in their previous 5 games, scoring a mere 3 goals during that period. At least both Accies & Dunfermline arrived at Firhill on the back of a bit of form. That for me makes today's performance even more disgraceful than those previous two shockers.

Even at times this season when we've been leading the division or thereabouts I've been of the opinion, that should we find ourselves getting promoted, McCall would have to step back. He'd be so far out his comfort zone. I guess the bar has just been lowered to include even reaching the play offs. Operating at a level above mid table mediocrity now appears to be outside of McCall's comfort zone.

Tonight my mind is buzzled (if there's such a word?). I can't see a situation where McCall & Co leave and Brian Graham doesn't end up as a temporary manager. His very behaviour today is hardly deserving of such an appointment. Maybe even questions his judgement.

People appear to believe McCall is on a rolling contract. If so I can understand the argument for his immediate removal. If he's on a term contract then I'd be more in favour playing out the season and judging him on the outcome. Buys time and means more funds for an incoming manager.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

20 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

What was Graham's offence that led to the red card? 

Wasn't obvious to me at the time, but the fact that there was little protest suggests it was a stick-on.

That did not cost us the game though.

We followed up two recent howling home performances with ......................another howling home performance. And t6hat was already clear long before half-time.

Lawless wasn't fully fit - not his fault.

The two positives - such as they were - McAvoy who looked steady and composed, and Turner who looks a class above when he's played in his proper position.

Danny Mullen might be decent playing off a fit Brian Graham, but he is never a lone striker. No, no, and no once more.

Some very choice sweary words directed towards the ref and his parentage I believe 

We may or may not have got an equaliser but Graham’s sending off completely killed it.

His sending off was an absolute disgrace. He’s let down the fans and his manager. For a senior player who is supposedly interested in management he cuts a surly, self centred figure. His actions were childish, moronic, unwarranted. I wonder if he watched the Scottish rugby team come back from adversity to win. Sheer graft and dedication to the cause. These are words that these players don’t understand.

He really doesnt give a tupny. He should be dismissed immediately along with the management team who are unable to inspire. Are players fined these days for being sent off? They bloody well should be.

I ask again. What is the point of Lee Hodson? He’s useless in every position!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

We may or may not have got an equaliser but Graham’s sending off completely killed it.

His sending off was an absolute disgrace. He’s let down the fans and his manager. For a senior player who is supposedly interested in management he cuts a surly, self centred figure. His actions were childish, moronic, unwarranted. I wonder if he watched the Scottish rugby team come back from adversity to win. Sheer graft and dedication to the cause. These are words that these players don’t understand.

He really doesnt give a tupny. He should be dismissed immediately along with the management team who are unable to inspire. Are players fined these days for being sent off? They bloody well should be.

I ask again. What is the point of Lee Hodson? He’s useless in every position!

Hodson career has been loan after loan because he’s absolutely shit 

4 hours ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Really regretting deciding to go to Mordor next week. 

We are going to get absolutely hammered. 

I’m afraid, that I won’t be going to sit and watch us get humped by that mob, without any real expectation of us laying a glove on them. In fact. Our performances in the last three games have been so dire that I won’t be returning unless there is a big change in the way we approach games!

1 hour ago, westertonjagfan said:

Some very choice sweary words directed towards the ref and his parentage I believe 

If that's true he deserves his arse kicked up and down Maryhill Road.

He gets knocked around every weekend so knows what to expect when up against an 'experienced' pro like Reynolds.

It's true he doesn't get enough protection form refs - there was one graphic incident where he was grabbed by the waist a few minutes previous to the red card - however verbal abuse of the ref cannot be excused, if true.

He ought to know better than that.

Edited by Barney Rubble

If referees send off players for using industrial language, then literally ever match would be abandoned due to lack of players left. Referees are told to use their common sense - a yellow card for dissent is the norm if a line is crossed. A red card should  only be issued if something particularly unacceptable is said , eg. very abusively questioning his integrity. Would be interested to know what Graham said, must have been way over the top.