Rangers Vs Partick Thistle - Sunday 12 February

jagfox

Oh well, this game is coming up whether we like it or not.

At least there should not be any issues with getting the players motivated.

I feel we will get beat but hopefully not embarrassed like 5+ goals.

Usually a cup game is a nice distraction from the league. I don't get the impression that will be the case come Sunday, unless we win.

Given our form it’s just a pay day. Nothing else unfortunately. I’m more concerned that a heavy defeat will further undermine team confidence and impact further on our poor league form.

Plus our form in the cup has generally been rank for years. 

In another world a sensational victory and the orcs burn down their stadium. 

I've never been so worried about an embarrassing score and don't even want to put to print what I imagine it could be.

In any case, Me, my brother and my nephew are travelling 350 miles to see our team.

I'm using my 'one-time', for this game.

On a lighter note, will the Thistle fans still go to the usual pubs before the game and how will we travel to and from Ibrox?

I'll be at my Uncles in the Southside but would travel to Maryhill or other, for a pint if it made sense. 

Looking like a low crowd according my Rangers ST chum. Lack of interest, on TV, rubbish KO time. Said he'd eat his hat if my guess of 33,333 was correct. He thinks nearer the low 20,000's with sections not getting opened.

Maybe not the payday we'd hoped for but he could be wrong. 

The pricing is fair enough but I think if the kids price had been cut to say £5 then we could have expected a much bigger crowd. 

I don't know how many goals sevco will have to score to exceed the shame dealt out over our last two league games. In my mind it'll need nearly double figures to do that. 

3 hours ago, CotterJag said:

I've never been so worried about an embarrassing score and don't even want to put to print what I imagine it could be.

In any case, Me, my brother and my nephew are travelling 350 miles to see our team.

On a lighter note, will the Thistle fans still go to the usual pubs before the game and how will we travel to and from Ibrox?

I'll be at my Uncles in the Southside but would travel to Maryhill or other, for a pint if it made sense. 

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/tjf-scottish-cup-pre-match-party/

maybe go here?

• Thanks 1

460 miles for me, fortunately 310 I’m sitting on a plane.

• Like 1

Why so glum we could be dunfermline sitting on Sunday afternoon  watching bbc wishing they were at ibrox  getting a decent pay day and maybe our team will turn up and give it a go 

Regarding crowd of 20000  could possibly work to our advantage and give our support a chance to out sing them 

• Like 4

Get yourself to the Record Factoryimage.png.db5d90bffb01f48684b75d398d9e93ba.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Get yourself to the Record Factoryimage.png.db5d90bffb01f48684b75d398d9e93ba.png

Gavin Dunbar? Can't believe it.

Hopefully get to ask him when one of my favourite bands are touring again.

Love Camera Obscura.

Thanks for the replies both, will definitely be there.

This is exactly right for our group. Cheers.

Edited by CotterJag
Read it's free entry

6 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Looking like a low crowd according my Rangers ST chum. Lack of interest, on TV, rubbish KO time. Said he'd eat his hat if my guess of 33,333 was correct. He thinks nearer the low 20,000's with sections not getting opened.

Maybe not the payday we'd hoped for but he could be wrong. 

Still better than most ties we could hope for...from a financial perspective..is what it is. 

• Like 1

Other than a payday I Couldnt care less about the cup and I’m assuming McCall will share that view. 

I’ll still be there. A thistle win would obviously be dynamite but I will be glad to just get through the first 20 mins or so without Conceding. 

Get this one out the way and get back to the league action which isn’t overly inspiring either. 

Quite sad really, the attitudes on this thread, but they are probably understandable given our record against the Old Firm over the last 20 years (which is an embarrassment). I appreciate how difficult it would be for Thistle to go to Ibrox and win, but a number of comparable teams have done so in recent years. 1982 was the last time for PTFC, 6 years before I was even born. Should it really be that long for it to happen again? I'm going to keep turning up to find out.

• Like 1

It's a display to Rangers fans and those watching on tv that we are fans of a small club that exists despite the pull of 2 ugly sisters and their political, religious, historical group think baggage.  The minimal success, cheap shots, digs. "who do you really support?" do not stop us.

We follow the club for football reasons.  It's our club.  The fans.  Red and Yellow Army.

Wear your colours with pride.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, milhouse said:

Quite sad really, the attitudes on this thread, but they are probably understandable given our record against the Old Firm over the last 20 years (which is an embarrassment). I appreciate how difficult it would be for Thistle to go to Ibrox and win, but a number of comparable teams have done so in recent years. 1982 was the last time for PTFC, 6 years before I was even born. Should it really be that long for it to happen again? I'm going to keep turning up to find out.

It was actually 1981 - so 7 years before you were born!!

31 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Last win against Celtic is 2/5/1995.  33 played since.   Last win against Rangers is 4/5/1993. 31 played since.

Now you've let the cat out of the bag ! Knowing that lot, they will be doing all they can to get the better record. They won't now need any motivation to be targeting 34 in a row.