Partick Thistle Women - Season 23/24

Fawlty Towers

On 1/16/2024 at 2:50 AM, Fawlty Towers said:

Tickets for Sunday's semi final against Hibs are now on sale:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/ptw-semi-final-tickets-on-sale-now/

Wow! Is this the first-ever PTFC women's team all-ticket match? What's the capacity at Petershill? How many tickets are available to the other team? I don't really expect answers to those questions; just pleased at how things are progressing with the women's team.

Just for the benefit of clarity in case the above post puts anyone off attending on the day, it's NOT all ticket on Sunday. 

It's anticipated to be busy though, so we are recommending that people buy tickets in advance to help prevent queing.

You can still walk up on the day and pay by cash or card. 

Capacity at Petershill Park is circa 1,000, and Hibs have indicated that there is a bus load of Hibs fans coming. Hibs have one of the biggest, if not the biggest, travelling support in the SWPL. 

Hibs are a good side, but this is a great opportunity to reach a National Cup Final. 

I reckon it will be a close, exciting game, between two good sides. Petershill Park really lends itself to a good atmosphere and a big Thistle support would be a real boost to our aspirations of reaching a Final. I almost have to pinch myself sometimes when I consider how far we've come in a short time. 10th anniversary coming up later this year. 

If you are coming Sunday please but a ticket in advance, it helps in so many ways both on the day and in planning ahead of it, and come early and help build the atmosphere. 

Edited by Tom Hosie
  • Like 2

Best of luck to the Jags on Sunday v Hibs.

As far as I can see we have played Hibs only once so far this season - a 2-0 victory for the Jags at Medowbank.  

I anticipate a tough game too close to call. If we play well and get a fair deal from the Ref then home advantage could swing the tie our way. All to play for!

• Like 1

Ten years to the day since Partick Thistle Women played their very first match. A friendly against what was then Glasgow Ladies and Girls, now Glasgow Women. 

Three 'halves' of 30 minutes at Whitehill Secondary. We  were gubbed. Heavily. 

What a journey it's been over those 10 years. 

From recreational football to on the verge of securing a second successive top six finish in the top flight. 

On Sunday we have a chance of reaching a major Cup Final. Something no Thistle side has done in 53 years. 

Hibs stand in our way when we play at Petershill Park at 4:10pm on Sunday. 

Brian Graham has already outlined how important the backing of Thistle fans will be on Sunday. 

Please try and get along and support the girls on Sunday and help celebrate 10 years of Partick Thistle Women's football in style. 

Advance tickets available via the link below, and you can pay by cash or card on the day. 

It's going to be busy. It could be a really special day. Don't miss it. 

https://tickets.ptfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/pXlGEM5G3V

FB_IMG_1705649897481.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

really bad weather forecast.  not just rain but high winds so maybe just keep eye if heading to it.

Let's hope the weather does not spoil the game - don't want to see goalkeepers taking a goalkick then scrambling back to tip the ball over.

3 minutes ago, fifexile said:

So far so good in horrendous conditions. 1-0 up Hibs down to 10 players. Thistle denied a stonewall penalty, a decision that even Wullie Collum would be embarrassed about.

The ref at the game today is probably the worst ref I've seen since I was asked to be in the middle at my son's primary school kick about!  Booking everyone that moves and missing clear fouls too.

3 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

A nice habit of scoring each time the ref ignores a stonewall penalty 

Channelling a sense of injustice! Given the conditions they are playing well but need to 'keep the.heid' cos this ref would happily make it 10 a side