Dunfermline Away 16.12.23

elevenone

I enjoyed the stats posted on another thread, that I now can't find....

It indicated that we lost points near the end of games after being ahead in the main.

I wonder how we do when we're behind. Do we attack the other teams and have more possession towards the end of games?

If we're mostly ahead, then it makes sense that we would be under attack at the end. I feel this is fine, as long as we're in the ascendency when it's the other way round.

Also, have we lost the most points towards the end of games because we're ahead more than other teams? Someone who can find the stats, may know if they provide this insight. 

25 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

It indicated that we lost points near the end of games after being ahead in the main.

I wonder how we do when we're behind. Do we attack the other teams and have more possession towards the end of games?

If we're mostly ahead, then it makes sense that we would be under attack at the end. I feel this is fine, as long as we're in the ascendency when it's the other way round.

Also, have we lost the most points towards the end of games because we're ahead more than other teams? Someone who can find the stats, may know if they provide this insight. 

Yes. The league table showed that we were top after 75 or 80 minutes or whatever it was, so of course we had the most points to lose in the last 10/15or whatever it was.

• Thanks 1

Agree that the last 20 minutes were a tense and nervy watch. Whether by misplaced passes or aimless punts, we conceded possession too easily and too often.

However, on the credit side we won a lot more of the 50/50 loose balls than we did against Raith. There were a lot of excellent tackles and blocks. The team played with much more spirit and were given superb backing by the fans. Every throw in, bye kick, free kick or regaining of possession was cheered as heartily as a goal.

49 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

It’s in the Raith thread. We had one 2 points in the last 15 minutes and lost 7 points. I think ICT had lost the most points(9) in the last 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Thought Doolan at least got the substitutions correct and timely. Once again we struggled to keep possession as the second half progressed and didn't see the game out with any comfort. But apart from a couple of errors the backline defence held out well

A recurring theme that seems only resolvable by a good signing or two in the January window

Edited by JAG1970
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

With that in the bag I can see us now staying 3rd until the end of the season. Breathing space over those behind, but also a gap to the top 2

Trouble with being 3rd is the same as last season - under the unfair play-off system we still have to beat 3 teams (Championship 4th & 2nd and SPL 11th) and play 6 games within a short time frame).

Some astute January signing and a ref other than Nick Walsh and we might have a chance!

Watching the JagZone highlights, credit due to Jamie Sneddon for a great save in the second half, with a little help from the post.

Also realised how good was Harry Milne's header for the first goal. He was stretching off balance to get to the ball and it was amazing that he managed to generate so much power. Goals that crash into the back of the net via underside of the bar are always a little bit special. 

8 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Also realised how good was Harry Milne's header for the first goal. He was stretching off balance to get to the ball and it was amazing that he managed to generate so much power.

I reckon Harry is the best header of a ball in the entire squad, tho' I've mainly been judging him defensively. I can imagine sometime in the future (when his pace has dropped off) he'll be deployed as a left centreback. He's a good tackler as it is and genuine left sided centrebacks are often hard to find. 

On another note I read the Pars lad, Fisher, had to go to hospital due to his head knock. After initial treatment he'd been allowed to play on. Not apportioning any blame, he'd not been fouled and the Dunfermline medical folk had initially check him out. Just rather alarming all the same.   

Given the wee oddity’s outburst after Ross county game yesterday (which was possibly the most petulant and childish thing I’ve seen in a long time and hysterically funny!!!) is it worth trying to get turner back? He isn’t getting much of a game and given the second division in England is ‘100 times better’ surely adams will want to fill his team with players at that elite level! 

Edited by Grubber8468
  • Like 2

Just read Adams rant. As much as the man’s an absolute melter what he says is correct. The standard up here is appalling and getting worse. Two 0-0s and two 1-0s in the premiership yesterday. All unwatchable. The structure up here is all wrong. The level of coaching isn’t good and the ability of the players is limited. It’s very depressing 

I suspect he was speaking in the immediate aftermath of bitter disappointment and he just decided to drag everyone down with him. 

How many times do fans say “never going back” on the way out of a game after defeat only to pitch up the following week in the hope/expectation/crass stupidity that things will change?

Derek will be ok after Roy has given him a nice cup of warm milk and told him that things will look better by Monday.

Just seen our goals. From a defensive point of view extremely poor. I think looking at our point of view they are good goals. For the first Stevie puts in a great cross and very good header from Harry. The second Alston (i think) headers on the dropped ball by their keeper and BBG just turns and shoots. If these goals were scored in the Premier imo they would have raved about them.

7 hours ago, Grubber8468 said:

Given the wee oddity’s outburst after Ross county game yesterday (which was possibly the most petulant and childish thing I’ve seen in a long time and hysterically funny!!!) is it worth trying to get turner back? He isn’t getting much of a game and given the second division in England is ‘100 times better’ surely adams will want to fill his team with players at that elite level! 

Definitely worth trying to get Turner back if he is available 

46 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Definitely worth trying to get Turner back if he is available 

Depends on budget. We score on average 2 per game in the league. Attack really isn’t an issue. We concede far too many though. Concentrate everything on at least one defensive mid and more defensive cover. Maybe if there’s anything left after that we can look to see if Turner’s available