Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Saw Erskine in Asda today he was shopping with his family, I thought I probably shouldnt bother him about football but decided to anyway.

He was nothing but polite and delighted to speak to a Partick Thistle supporter. Basically he has to go back to Dundee United begining of July pre season training but does not know what will happen and apart from an email from United to report for pre season training has heard nothing. He would love to play for Partick Thistle again and forever grateful to the club and the Jags fans for taking a chance on him.

Hopefully he will be back.

What a gent.

Him and Doolan conduct themselves as true professionals at all times. They also go above and beyond for the club and the fans.

These are 2 guys that started life in the juniors. I think the 17 year old perma-tanned superstars of Murray Park and Lennoxtown could do a lot worse than spend a season or 2 at that level.

• Like 5

Was told at the weekend that Taylor had all but signed and it would be announced this week. Wouldn't be surprised to see him unveiled tomorrow if true.

Hope your info is spot on. We should really be getting excited if we have Stevenson and Taylor on permanent deals along with Higgy and Dools.

• Like 2

The new strip is being unveiled tomorrow so maybe a natural time to announce a new signing in order to maximise coverage.

If the club's staff are doing their job then you want maximum publicity which means you don't put all your news out on the same day.

Funny how sometimes complete opposites can both make sense.

In my brief marketing experience a lot depends on the perceived newsworthiness of whatever you're issuing. Tend to think that the latter may be on this occasion more apt. The sports pages are still reasonably quiet so drip fed info may be more appreciated/effective.

Timing being everything tho' and you don't want news of signings hidden underneath reams of World Cup/Commonwealth Games info...

Satire of the highest order surely.

One big mofo centre back who's composed on the ball and a deadly goal threat from set pieces would keep me happy, over to you Arch.

Definitely need more height in the team. Especially given ats is away.

There's a wee rumour on Twitter that Hibs are after him. That would worry me.

1st division team with a rookie manager & no squad to speak off.

In all honesty if that's the level of the guy's ambition then he'd be no loss.

Don't think it'll happen though.

I'm sure after his 9 league games ban has passed, Derek Adams will sign him on loan in January.

To add some bite to his attack? :crazy:

Saw a comment elsewhere - it's lucky that incident had world wide coverage or the Italian defender would have a lot of explaining to do when his wife/g-friend saw the mark on his shoulder.

chewy luis and his blues power of bite ban is first thing fifa have got right in a long time.

we train pets and children not to bite, so for an adult, with past history of it, quite right book has been thrown at him. any repeat in future should see him banned from all football for life.

as for ban scuppering his move to jags, he wouldn't have fitted into our squad ethos and spirit.

frank lampard on the other hand .....

currently clubless, would fit in fine. probably got a good couple of years left in him, worth a punt? :crazy:

chewy luis and his blues power of bite ban is first thing fifa have got right in a long time.

we train pets and children not to bite, so for an adult, with past history of it, quite right book has been thrown at him. any repeat in future should see him banned from all football for life.

as for ban scuppering his move to jags, he wouldn't have fitted into our squad ethos and spirit.

frank lampard on the other hand .....

currently clubless, would fit in fine. probably got a good couple of years left in him, worth a punt? :crazy:

Lampard wouldn't be as hungry as Suarez??