Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
a f kincaid

Transfer window

Recommended Posts

Wouldn't make many predictions re group stages of League Cup. The Premier league clubs are usually there for the taking but this time they'll be completely match fit. And it may well be levels of match fitness rather than the respective squad strengths that determine how the clubs from the other leagues fare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

FFS Queens Park have really got into this non Amateur professional lark.  Are they spending that Hampden sale cash like some chav winning the lottery.  Penniless in 2 years.

Willie Haughey has a net worth of £252 million. Let's hope he gets bored fairly quickly.  When he's done,  business as usual!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I know he helped top up SFA £ for Queens Park but is he putting more £ in?

Yeah he is backing them financially to get them to the championship at least apparently

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Willie Haughey has a net worth of £252 million. Let's hope he gets bored fairly quickly.  When he's done,  business as usual!"

Just as well we've got thistle for ever eh?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I thought he was good. Git scored late winner for Dundee in our relegation season.

Did he also get a hat trick for Hibs against us  that season too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

FFS Queens Park have really got into this non Amateur professional lark.  Are they spending that Hampden sale cash like some chav winning the lottery.  Penniless in 2 years.

Of course the media will love it if they run away with the league, and get progressively stronger. 

"Nineteenth Century Giants Awake From Slumber" and other such headlines.

Other fantasy headlines:

"Thistle To Go Amateur"

"Firhill Planning Permission Denied In Perpetuity"

"Partick Thistle Training Complex Opens"

"Three Thistle Players Named in Scotland Squad"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Linlithgow Jag said:

Apparently we were linked with Murray but must have chose Queen’s Park over us. Would he have been any use?

I could never really make up my mind about Murray. I recall him being a tall, pacy player who scored so goals especially against us! He also seemed to play a lot of games where his contribution was minimal and in fact disappeared! 

However his goal average is about 1 goal every 3 games or so. On balance I don't think he would have been good for us! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pure gut feeling and nothing to back it up but I never rated Murray as a "one for the future". Don't disagree that QP aren't building strongly for the future. Just don't rate this Murray fella that strongly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Of course the media will love it if they run away with the league, and get progressively stronger. 

"Nineteenth Century Giants Awake From Slumber" and other such headlines.

Other fantasy headlines:

"Thistle To Go Amateur"

"Firhill Planning Permission Denied In Perpetuity"

"Partick Thistle Training Complex Opens"

"Three Thistle Players Named in Scotland Squad"

“Thistle’s transition to fan ownership finalised”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearts fans fuming (and rightly so imo) that St Mirren have signed their goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal on loan today to help out with their covid crisis between the sticks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Hearts fans fuming (and rightly so imo) that St Mirren have signed their goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal on loan today to help out with their covid crisis between the sticks.  

Jim Goodwin claimed that he thought that the SPFL should have shown some compassion to St Mirren's goalkeeper plight.  Don't recall either St Mirren or the SPFL showing much compassion to the Jags several months ago!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 3:11 PM, East Kent Jag II said:

Jim Goodwin claimed that he thought that the SPFL should have shown some compassion to St Mirren's goalkeeper plight.  Don't recall either St Mirren or the SPFL showing much compassion to the Jags several months ago!!

Ex St.Mirren chairman Gilmour on sportsound tonight moaning about how they have been treated and the SPFL having no sporting integrity. When Tom English brought up what happened to Hearts and Thistle and sporting integrity he was ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Graham has been named as manager  of Thistle 's women's team,his assistant is  Richard Foster and Ross Docherty will be a coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Brian Graham has been named as manager  of Thistle 's women's team,his assistant is  Richard Foster and Ross Docherty will be a coach.

Interesting. Did not see that one coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Interesting. Did not see that one coming. 

Combining their roles , paying off the Academy staff , not really sure the direction we’re actually going in .

Sign of the times , the players mentioned are probably 3 of the highest earners and with Tam O’ware being the Head of Development at Troon as well .

Would have liked all the focus being on us getting promoted at the first attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 9:31 PM, jlsarmy said:

Combining their roles , paying off the Academy staff , not really sure the direction we’re actually going in .

Sign of the times , the players mentioned are probably 3 of the highest earners and with Tam O’ware being the Head of Development at Troon as well .

Would have liked all the focus being on us getting promoted at the first attempt.

The woman’s team and academy are two separate entities with two separate sets of funding, so can’t see how laying of academy staff has an impact into woman’s team.

Secondly when Weir bought the club it stated that the academy funding was in place till 20-21 season so what’s changed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×