Jags V Subsea Utd

Aberdeenjag

1 minute ago, Aberdeenjag said:

Can anyone really see the game going ahead tomorrow...?

New red weather warning alert issued for around Dundee.....no trains on etc

Ā 

If the red weather warning is still in place tomorrow, it will probably be off. However, we had to go to Inverness a fortnight ago with all trains off etc.

3 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

If the red weather warning is still in place tomorrow, it will probably be off. However, we had to go to Inverness a fortnight ago with all trains off etc.

True enough!!

Ā 

Just spotted on the news that six games have just been called off already including Aberdeen v Dundee. No word about ours.

36 minutes ago, Aberdeenjag said:

Can anyone really see the game going ahead tomorrow...?

New red weather warning alert issued for around Dundee.....no trains on etc

Ā 

The game will go ahead.Ā  There wont likely be many away supporters there understandably (which is a pity as could have been our highest attendance this season) but Glasgow is not in the red away zone and they will not cancel a game because away supporters are not able to travel.Ā 

Although games have been cancelled - these are all in the red warning area eg Perth, Dundee etc

And as the weather in the Glasgow area is to improve tomorrow and at no stage going into red then i doubt very much it will be cancelled

Will be our toughest game in the league so far. Will be very interesting with Docherty and Holt returning, 2 players for me i would have liked to see staying at Firhill, i know our financial situation made it impossible.

A win would give us 17 points and only 1 point behind Dundee Utd, a good return after the first quarter of the league being played.

Conditions will probably be difficult and lets hope everybody travelling to this game and all other games do so safely.

• Like 2

I work in Glasgow City Centre and the weather this week has actually been okay (for mid October). Dry Monday to Wednesday and mainly windy yesterday and today so unless there is rain of biblical proportions overnight I can't see the game being off. Clearly there will be some travel issues for those coming from futher away, my main concern for the match is strong winds as nothing spoils a game like they doĀ  (I will obviously change my mind if a wind assisted Sneddon punt bounces over their keeper and in to the net for a 90th minute winner).

I watched the highlights of the Peterhead/Dundee Utd cup tie and although Utd won comfortably in the end the Blue Toon had their moments.

It struck me that Peterhead seemed to do well when they moved the ball down either wing then cut or passed inside. I assume we had someone at the game watching them and hope this was noted.

We might be able to gain advantage by doing the same using Milne, Fitzpatrick and Lawless. Its a pity McMillan is not avsilable yet.

Ā 

• Like 1