Arabs v Jags Friday Night

Albert's Ghost

1 hour ago, JeanieD said:

If recent televised games are anything to go by it could be a turgid watch - having said that a dire 0-0 will represent a considerable improvement on the result at Firhill.

Fair to say our recent history in televised games has been far from turgid. We might just win this this. If we do.....DU and Goodwin could crumble. Let's hope so. 

I may well be wrong with this comment but has Dundee United's stuttering run not coincided with Docherty's absence from the team? Is he out due to injury or suspension or both?

As far as tonight's game is concerned its really a must win for us.  I live in hope that we will win,  we certainly have the players who can hurt United, but we must play for 90 mins! When was the last time.within did this?

I can't say I an confident about our chances and notwithstanding our much debated need for a defensive midfielder I also think we need a strong central defender.

I am not particularly convinced  of the Sneddon, Muirhead, Neilson triangle in the centre and see Muirhead in particular as the most vulnerable. If ever anybody is missing Holt it's Muirhead!

Let's hope that Dundee Utd's lack of form and our strengths, of which there are many, can outweigh our weaknesses and we can look forward to 90+ mins of a full-on Jags performance.

C'mon the Jags.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I may well be wrong with this comment but has Dundee United's stuttering run not coincided with Docherty's absence from the team? Is he out due to injury or suspension or both?

As far as tonight's game is concerned its really a must win for us.  I live in hope that we will win,  we certainly have the players who can hurt United, but we must play for 90 mins! When was the last time.within did this?

I can't say I an confident about our chances and notwithstanding our much debated need for a defensive midfielder I also think we need a strong central defender.

I am not particularly convinced  of the Sneddon, Muirhead, Neilson triangle in the centre and see Muirhead in particular as the most vulnerable. If ever anybody is missing Holt it's Muirhead!

Let's hope that Dundee Utd's lack of form and our strengths, of which there are many, can outweigh our weaknesses and we can look forward to 90+ mins of a full-on Jags performance.

C'mon the Jags.

It’s hardly a must win as whatever happens we will be very much still in 3rd place. Of course a win would be wonderful.

Just arrived and parked near Tannadice. Passed through an area called Coldside which seems to be well named!

16 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

It’s hardly a must win as whatever happens we will be very much still in 3rd place. Of course a win would be wonderful.

Just arrived and parked near Tannadice. Passed through an area called Coldside which seems to be well named!

Finishing 3rd or 4th in the play-off places is no great reward under the present system which is heavily loaded in favour of whichever SPL team takes part in the play-off final.

We need to finish  at worst   in second place  to have any chance of winning promotion. To do that we need to get closer to RR & DU and stay in touch with them in the hope that they both have poor runs like the one DU are in at the moment!

So to make the Championship a 3 horse race all our games fall into the 'must win' category until we are well and truly in the mix!