Morton at home

As Westertonjagfan is having a cup of coffee, I will just nip in and start the match thread. What does Doolan try next ? McBeth looked ok when he replaced Muirhead at centre back. Assuming Muirhead is fit, maybe a McBeth Muirhead combination with Stanway and Neilson in midfield ?

• Haha 1

Need to remember that they have not won in their last 4 games (losing 3 of them) and have not scored in any of those.

If we can start well which we did against Dundee Utd and Raith and get the first goal the crowd will be right behind us which is an important factor.

Thankfully the weather is forecast to be dry and sunny until late Saturday as well.

It won't be easy but for me we should be looking to win this game to get our season back on track. Our defending will need to be a lot better than recent games and any chances we get we will need to take. Strapp's throw ins are better than corners or free kicks at times, so we will need to keep our concentration. If Lawless and or Fitzpatrick are getting double marked that should make space for our other forwards to exploit. We are at home and we need to start winning games again if we want to stay in a play off place. 

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Need to remember that they have not won in their last 4 games (losing 3 of them) and have not scored in any of those.

If we can start well which we did against Dundee Utd and Raith and get the first goal the crowd will be right behind us which is an important factor.

Thankfully the weather is forecast to be dry and sunny until late Saturday as well.

Is one of the games your referring too the Hearts game? 

Definitely should be winning this. And I know it's not a popular view but I don't think we were too far off it on Tues evening.

My main concern is the pitch which will make it difficult to move the ball quickly - where it's reasonable to expect us to have the advantage over Morton.

I also don't think experimenting with players in unnatural positions is the way to go - it might have positive impact, but on the balance of probability it's more likely not to work out.

Play the best players available in their natural positions, focus on getting the basics right, concentrate on the job in hand, keep the heid and results will come.

Just not sure about tomorrow because of that pitch ...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not if we are relegated this year 

Only two teams have ever finished second bottom in the second tier of Scottish football on more than 39 points.

We are already on 40 points.

Bad as the last few weeks have been, we really would be setting new trends to be a relegation risk this year.

1 hour ago, fenski said:

Definitely should be winning this. And I know it's not a popular view but I don't think we were too far off it on Tues evening.

My main concern is the pitch which will make it difficult to move the ball quickly - where it's reasonable to expect us to have the advantage over Morton.

I also don't think experimenting with players in unnatural positions is the way to go - it might have positive impact, but on the balance of probability it's more likely not to work out.

Play the best players available in their natural positions, focus on getting the basics right, concentrate on the job in hand, keep the heid and results will come.

Just not sure about tomorrow because of that pitch ...

Haven't had the chance to read the full match thread from Tuesday, but can imagine it didn't make pretty reading.

Watched the game on TV and felt we played well and were very unlucky not to win.

Similar performances to the end of the season will see us in the play-offs no doubt.

After Tuesday, I think we'd take Raith over two legs. They've been riding their luck all season and won't keep it up.

Us to beat Ross County in the play-off final. We owe them one after all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

Haven't had the chance to read the full match thread from Tuesday, but can imagine it didn't make pretty reading.

Watched the game on TV and felt we played well and were very unlucky not to win.

Similar performances to the end of the season will see us in the play-offs no doubt.

After Tuesday, I think we'd take Raith over two legs. They've been riding their luck all season and won't keep it up.

Us to beat Ross County in the play-off final. We owe them one after all.

The problem is that, despite playing well at times, we can’t buy a win. 

Morton are not a good team but they fight harder. We should win comfortably but do we have the balls?