Inverness Match Thread Saturday

Lindau

Compare the potential outcome at 3.40 with the actual results, we could have been level bottom. What a result!

I lost the audio stream and switched to open all veins and I'm certain Chick had Pogba scoring the winner, or did I imagine that in my delirium!

My daughter was in Edinburgh listening to Open All Gobs and said that Chick credited the first goal to Stevie Lawless even as the chants of Doooooooooolan were coming clearly over the radio.

Terrible first ten minutes, but after that we were the better team. BBC stats show us out-shooting them 19-10 and 8-1 for on target. Some really nice passages of play at different points and some abysmal distribution from the back (you know who you are....)! Really good performance from Mustapha. Obviously a freak winner but I think we deserved the luck that has not come our way in some other games.

Results elsewhere also good though Sellick failed us. Hopefully we can do what they can't and beat Killie next week.

Crowd was really disappointing given that we were offering free entry to what is a substantial portion of the NW Glasgow population. Not sure what else the club can do to attract punters if we can't fill seats for free. Answers on a postcard...

Well done to the players and the management team for a vital three points today.

That was a big win.

Well done also to everyone who was able to make it to Firhill today, you'll have enjoyed that one for sure!

A special well done to Ryan Stevenson. Apart from coming back from a serious injury, he's had no luck at all so far this season. It's so good to see his name being responsible for something positive at last. It was around this time last season that Ryan the scorer took off, so go for it again big man.

Isn't it great to be a Jags fan tonight?

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 3

We were well out of this game in the first 20 mins and should have been so far behind there was no way back.

Credit to the team they rode their luck and worked their way back particularily with the drive of Mustapha on the right. If we could cross the ball to a Thistle man we would be well out of bother.

Great to get the win really put some gloss on a good performance that they really did well to dig out.

Let's go on and follow it up with a performance against the Killie and show there is more to this team than the sum of their parts.

Well and The Arabs for relegation what an end to the season that would be.

• Like 1

Agree that it was good to see us coming back to win from a goal down. Obviously I would prefer we didn't have to but it was pleasing none the less, especially in that manner. Inverness were typically strong and organised without being particularly threatening and to be honest I never really felt we were under much sustained pressure, most of their forward play was pretty direct and rarely effective in final third. Doolan's goal looked class at the time and Camillian's video confirms it.

I'd still like to see Bannigan and Osman in the middle with Fraser ahead and Welsh sitting out at some point. Also coming round to the idea of playing Dumbaya further forward with Miller behind and Amoo benched. He takes full backs on now the way we all expected Amoo to do anyway so it's a fairly low risk experiment.

I agree Amoo needs benched he really was a man short today as he has been for most of the season. Can't agree to put Mustapha further forward, his runs come from deep and when he gets into the last third he runs out of ideas, what he needs is someone with intelligence running off him or a good crosser he can offload to.

I wasn't at the game but it was interesting to hear Bannigan on the audio commentary, he sounds like he talks a good game and it was good to hear him say some of the things the fans have been saying all season. he was saying about Dools being dragged out wide instead of being more central which is leaving us with no-one in the box, he was saying about Gary Fraser coming back into the team and how well Lindsay has been progressing. He might have noticed 1 or 2 things from the stands that haven't been picked up before by Archie, the interview with Michael Max was good, Bannigan saying he wants to play at a higher level aswell.the only thing he kept doing is saying 'Partick Thistle' instead of 'us', I think he thought he was Pat Nevin!

absolutely delighted with the result, I was jumping about like a madman when i heard that goal going in, superb.

• Like 1

Grand result and well deserved. We may have started poorly but I thought ICT were very good out the traps. In fact I'd say in those opening 20 minutes that's about the toughest test we've faced this season. All credit then as the game went on it was us who were winning just about every second ball.

Don't think anyone could grumble at the choice of MotM. Dumbaya is a joy to watch and, tho' I thought it would be his weak spot, his decision making is actually more than just acceptable. What's not in doubt is his acceleration. ATS and SOD had great pace, possibly over a distance more so than Mustapha, but from a standing start over say about 20 yards he's incredible.

As usual when we play well the whole team plays well and today was no different. Thought tho' that Welsh was much improved and also Fraser should be pleased with his performance. Normally you associate the latter with spraying long balls all over the place and having pop shots at goal at every given opportunity. That was absent today, most probably due to playing higher up the field, but it just shows how complete a midfielder Gary could become.

Took son and daughter no 2 to the game today - son is student and roused himself from a drunken slumber/hangover to go to the game ... he hadn't emailed the club for a student freebie as he knew he'd be on the lash the night before ... but the troops in the portakabin gave him a freebie anyway (and a flea in his ear for not registering!) so top marks to them for giving him a mild get-it-together bollocking & it's saved him a few quid.

As for the game - kerching 3 points will do nicely!

I wasn't at the game but it was interesting to hear Bannigan on the audio commentary, he sounds like he talks a good game and it was good to hear him say some of the things the fans have been saying all season. he was saying about Dools being dragged out wide instead of being more central which is leaving us with no-one in the box, he was saying about Gary Fraser coming back into the team and how well Lindsay has been progressing. He might have noticed 1 or 2 things from the stands that haven't been picked up before by Archie, the interview with Michael Max was good, Bannigan saying he wants to play at a higher level aswell.the only thing he kept doing is saying 'Partick Thistle' instead of 'us', I think he thought he was Pat Nevin!

absolutely delighted with the result, I was jumping about like a madman when i heard that goal going in, superb.

Why weren't you at the game? Are you a season ticket holder? If not sorry as far as I'm concerned not interested in your view. The club needs funds not opinions.

Firhill was a parallel Universe - completely outplayed by the opposition in the first 20 minutes or so, but for all their good passing and movement, Inverness didn't really force Scully into making a save in the entire game, we finished the stronger team and fluked a late winner. That's not what we usually see at Firhill.

The game and Inverness passed our midfield by for a large part of the game with Osman off the pace and Fraser not looking comfortable playing further forward but they stuck to the task. I was a big fan of Stephen O'Donnell but Dumbuya has been an excellent replacement - he uses his pace from a standing start to make space and uses the ball well. Unfortunately, Amoo was anonymous again - he hasn't been anywhere near adequate as a replacement for Higgy and to be honest Christie Elliott would be an upgrade.

Booth and Lawless were both very good and on another day would have been worthy of the Man of the Match award. The management and players have done well to get back in touch with the middle of the table teams...I was worried we might get detached but while there are still obvious flaws, from what I have seen, I think there are at least six other teams in the Division that haven't looked better than us.

Why weren't you at the game? Are you a season ticket holder? If not sorry as far as I'm concerned not interested in your view. The club needs funds not opinions.

I was a ST holder until last year but moved up to Skye to work at the brewery from March last year, co-incidentally I believe there is Skye beers available in the Aitken suite! been watching Thistle since I was 5 from December 1992, been to Metz so I'm not going to get into the whole fan vs fan thing. I'm just glad we won, Banzo was superb on the commentary.The Jags won, lets all enjoy a few ales!Should hopefully make the Boxing day game, might see if I can do a wee beer tasting in the Aitken suite!c'mon the Jags,

• Like 2

the interview with Michael Max was good, Bannigan saying he wants to play at a higher level aswell.the only thing he kept doing is saying 'Partick Thistle' instead of 'us',

I think you might be being a bit harsh there. The interview with Michael Max was excellent and the only time I can recall him calling us Partick Thistle was when the league table was clearly thrust in the direction of the commentators at full time.

It was good to hear what Bannigan had to say on the audio commentary actually.

I thought Bannigan was clearly very keen to participate in the audio commentary and that was evident by the way that, at times, Raymond(lead-commentator) couldn't shut him up, particularly first half.

Certainly didn't see that coming after the first 15/20 mins, so I think that proved to a lot of us that this team has the balls to come back from losing the first goal (something that doesn't happen too often) Dumbaya was head and shoulders above anyone else today, but a special mention for Kris Doolan who worked his ass off until he was subbed. Must admit I was shocked when I saw Scully in ahead of Galls, but although he was hardly tested, what he did have to do, he did competently. As has been mentioned, interesting to see that the two teams that have changed managers are at the bottom tonight. Doesn't mean that will be the case at the end of the season but maybe something to ponder for the knee jerkers on here!! Another thing worth noting was how strong our bench looked today.....probably one of the strongest we have had in the last few seasons.

As I had said at half time Mustapha just incredible really hope a new contract is put in front of him soon.

We maybe weren't outstanding but we were the better team bar the first 20 minutes - we didn't fluke the result - we deserved it.

HopefullyRyan Scully gets a deserved confidence boost from the result as well.

Hopefully Kris andRyan Stevenson both get boosts from their goals. Gary Fraser looks fitter though not some of his shots still seemed pretty wayward for his standard

Still not entirely convinced with Muirhead unless we can get him loaned for the full year. It's not that I don't think there's an outstanding player there as there clearly but he is only 19 and I think there is added pressure on him that he is going back to a relegation rival

That's 2 games running where Stevenson has caused the opposition problems in his late cameo against Dundeenearly scored and then set up Welsh a beauty who really should have scored plus him getting the goal yesterday. I think he should be on before muirhead, Amoo and Fraser

Edited by Third Lanark

I do like the idea of experimenting with trying Dumbya in a more forward role - if he can ghost past 3 players from a defensive position what would he be like up front, he'd be through on goal on several occasions each match.

Also, we should remember it was Amoo's penetrating run that led to Doolan's goal. I do agree we need more out of Amoo but he does bring a wing dynamic to the team.