Dross At Dingwall 09/04/2016.....the Biggie!

Lindau

This game needs no build up. Win it and we are almost certainly in the top 6. Looks like we have a lot of injury problems but hopefully the thought of what might be might make the aches and pains disappear over the next few days. Personally I would keep Gary Miller at centre back, even if Fred and Liam are fit and Muzzy MUST start if he is fit. Roll on Saturday!

Edited by Lindau

That's three ifs though. If we win then we might not finish top six, but the odds would be strongly in our favour.

I just really hope we win and give ourselves a chance. Beyond that, que sera. Reckon the bottom six with no relegation threat while everyone else is panicking might be quite good fun.

• Members

Killie have to win under Clark at some point and I have a sneaking suspicion it will be on Saturday against a faltering St. Johnstone side. If Aberdeen beat Hearts on Friday, Celtic will be going all out to make sure they don't let Aberdeen get any closer by beating Motherwell. Dundee will beat Hamilton easily with some fast counter attacks against a poor Accies defence.

We "only" have to beat Ross! They've been on a bit of a downward spiral, so hopefully it will continue.

• Like 1

I live in Perth and try to get down to about every second home game (one a month) with my son. Haven't managed to do that this season for a few reasons - my son's 15 and it can be difficult to get him to come because he'd rather be out with his mates who are all in this Fair City Unity gang young Saints supporters group. The last game we managed was the win at McDiarmid... And I seem to have had more things to do on Saturdays. Everyone will have there own reasons why they don't make home games, but I would like to be their more frequently.

We will be going up to the County game though - the league situation and the novelty of an away trip to Dingwall was enough to persuade my son it was worth missing a day hanging about with his mates trying to get their hands on cheap alcohol and fags...

Any chance this might sell out making it worth attempting to get tickets in advance?

The next train after the game is 20 to 8!!! We better win or its a long wait in the pub going over the ifs and buts. My only visit to Dingwall was a 1 nil win in the Scottish cup nearly a decade ago when Robertson scored a heeder, the sing song in the pub after the game was brilliant, hope fir more of the same this weekend

Edited by MonehJags

Would love to see us really going for this game tomorrow, by that I mean lining up a very attack minded team. I know we may need to settle into the game cautiously, however please not for the entire first half.

Stating the obvious here but get the first goal and we could be on our way to top 6. We have been good this season at seeing games out with a 1 goal lead so getting ahead tomorrow is massive.

We have progressed this season and are heading in the right direction with a decent infrastructure in place, so even if top 6 doesn't happen we should all be relatively happy with the overall direction the club is moving in.

• Like 1

...We will be going up to the County game though - the league situation and the novelty of an away trip to Dingwall was enough to persuade my son it was worth missing a day hanging about with his mates trying to get their hands on cheap alcohol and fags...

Any chance this might sell out making it worth attempting to get tickets in advance?

I would hazard a guess that cheap alcohol and fags will never be sold out. :D A visit to Dingwall may remain longer in the memory, too. :partyhat:

• Like 1

Would love to see us really going for this game tomorrow, by that I mean lining up a very attack minded team. I know we may need to settle into the game cautiously, however please not for the entire first half.

Stating the obvious here but get the first goal and we could be on our way to top 6. We have been good this season at seeing games out with a 1 goal lead so getting ahead tomorrow is massive.

We have progressed this season and are heading in the right direction with a decent infrastructure in place, so even if top 6 doesn't happen we should all be relatively happy with the overall direction the club is moving in.

Nothing to disagree with there. Just to add a draw is definitely of no use to County (and all probabilities little us to us either). The one positive you can take from that is we have a very good idea how County will play. No guarantee but given the situation you should expect a good few goals

Actually feeling apprehensive already going into this one. The previous games have been really tight with just the odd goal separating the teams. The one thing we must do tomorrow is turn up from the first minute. I don't know how many times we will get away with making a complete hash of the first half and regrouping in the second.

But my gut instinct tells me we will get the three points...just.

We are in a much better position than Ross County. We both need to win, although we still have a slight chance with a draw.

If they win, the only result that gets them into the top six, realistically, is Dundee lose (or St J lose and there is a 9 goal swing).

If we win, then one of Dundee, St J or Motherwell losing will be enough. A draw for Dundee would do it too. If Motherwell lose the early kick off then our fate we be in our hands.

With Aberdeen chucking it tonight the pressure on Glasgow C. is lessened so I suspect they will similarly drop points (possibly a draw) tomorrow against Motherwell - thus I fear our battle will be to better Dundee or St Johnstone's result.

Or it could motivate Celtic to go out and increase their advantage over Aberdeen - either way we just have to win our game and see where that takes us.

on what basis? Did they not get knocked out of the cup by Hibs in the midweek after our game against them was postponed?

Twice they had one of two games in a week postponed, when the second was a big game for them. The defeat by Hibs just meant they didn't take advantage of that one.Our postponements gave us consecutive matches against the top three. Luck of the draw!