Partick Thistle Vs Ict Saturday 6 August

jagfox

Apparently we have a game tomorrow...

Archibald confirms Osman is out so who fills the midfield roles?

Wilson and Welsh

Edwards and Welsh?

Not great news as I'd think most of our good results against them recently have included Banzo and/ or Osman in the lineup?

Really looking forward to the real stuff starting.

I think we've got a very good squad and we've played some good football in the League Cup.

Going into this one with confidence and expect a few goals and a good game of football. With Hughes no longer being at ICT, they won't be playing kick and rush football.

So all in all, should be an entertaining afternoon.

I think John Hughes is a very good manager who plays decent football most of the time. Will be interesting to see how Foran works out. He is definitely one for "passion" in the dressing room. Does any country outside UK and Ireland place such an emphasis on "passion" ignoring skill, intelligence, composure etc.

GK - Cerny

RB - Gordon

CH - Lindsay

CH - Devine

LB - Booth

DM - Welsh

DM - Wilson

RM - Lawless

CM - Erskine!!!!!!

LM - Amoo

CF - Doolan

Only area that concerns is central defence and the youth there. Bannigan, Osman and Fraser all out shows how strong our midfield will be when all fully fit.

Only area that concerns is central defence and the youth there.

I think central midfield is a bigger concern than the defence right now. Statistically the difference between games when we had Osman vs the ones where we didn't last season was incredible, and I fear we'll be overrun in midfield.

Maybe start with Edwards (through the middle) instead of Amoo

The back four will start and I would expect Lawless and Erskine will be in attacking midfield with Doolan up top*. Reckon it'll be Welsh in the Abdul role with any two from Amoo, Wilson and Edwards. Would tho' be a bit narrow without Amoo in the starting XI.

*see even without a drink I can talk like Pat Nevin

I'm literally shaking my head at the prospect of playing two defensive midfielders at home against, realistically, one of the weaker teams in the league.

For me, we must be more positive at home this season. We must aim to please by scoring goals and trying to excite. It's the only way I can see us having a better start this year. It would also boost rapport amongst the supporters.

Cerny

Gordon Devine Lindsay Booth

Welsh

Edwards

Lawless Doolan Erskine

Pogba

Harsh on Wilson as I think he's coming good. But he's still a bit raw. Edwards is far more mobile and could prove to be the vital box to box player we've badly needed over the last few seasons.

I'm literally shaking my head at the prospect of playing two defensive midfielders at home against, realistically, one of the weaker teams in the league.

We regularly played three "defensive" midfielders in Banzo, Osman and Welsh last season, so at least it's an improvement.

I think we have to pick Welsh and Wilson with Osman out. Edwards just doesn't offer enough protection if he was beside Welsh, who isn't overly defensive himself.

For me, we must be more positive at home this season. We must aim to please by scoring goals and trying to excite. It's the only way I can see us having a better start this year. It would also boost rapport amongst the supporters.

Cerny

Welsh

Edwards

Lawless Doolan Erskine

Pogba

Harsh on Wilson as I think he's coming good. But he's still a bit raw. Edwards is far more mobile and could prove to be the vital box to box player we've badly needed over the last few seasons.

Football Manager selections don't generally work in reality.

• Like 2

I think central midfield is a bigger concern than the defence right now. Statistically the difference between games when we had Osman vs the ones where we didn't last season was incredible, and I fear we'll be overrun in midfield.

Osman 'played' in the 4-1 hiding off of ICT at the end of last season. Apparently hus mind was elsewhere...

Osman 'played' in the 4-1 hiding off of ICT at the end of last season. Apparently hus mind was elsewhere...

There was no apparently about it - everyone who wore the shirt that day was honking and not just Abdul.

New season or not, we need to turn up with a proper attitude for the job in hand tomorrow, irrespective of results so far.

I like the way oor Ziggy speaks. Its not jist what the fans want to hear either, he comes across as a leader, a fighter and a winner. He isnt a soft touch and is exactly the type of player we have missed for a few years. Hope the team can do the business the morra, cant see it being a goalless draw

• Like 1

Lets hope for a really good turnout of our fans and we get to see a home victory.

For those who have not been to the Betfred Cup games remember that the underground is closed if you normally get that. There is a replacement bus service so factor that in to your journey time.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

I agree and think we need to adopt a positive attitude if we are to advance this season.

Cerny

Welsh

Edwards

Lawless Doolan Erskine

Pogba

I am glad Archie is not risking Osman – he really needed to be fit to play last week to be in contention for today’s game. Think Archie will have a bounce game organized for him before he will play.

Osman out is a huge loss for us – Not just the fact he is a very important player for us. We simply don’t have anybody that can do the job he does in our squad. Having both Osman and Cerny fit through the season will be huge for us.

The other potential week point is the centre back position. Not sure how the two will cope together but they have not conceded many goals at all so far but this is a totally different test today.

Cerny

Welsh

Edwards

Lawless Erskine Amoo

Doolan