Killie Match - 14/10/17

Fawlty Towers

If a dire Killie team can beat us then the psychological blow will be severe.... to me at least.

If that happens, I think I might not go near the forum for weeks; the wailing & gnashing will be dreadful.

But luckily we will get our first 3 points of the season

• Like 3

The lack of pace in the team worries me. With that in mind I'd include Storey in the starting XI. There might come a time (hopefully not) when he's deemed more of an impact player. Think with his strength and pace he's done just enough to warrant a start tomorrow but not at the expense of Doolan.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Injury woes aside the players and management must show complete commitment and effort to this game.The Motherwell game was as bad as I can remember under Archie. There can't be a repeat of getting caught on the ball,jumping out the way of shots and not chasing back like there was at Fir park. Hope to see the team at least organised at free kicks and throw-ins. Total omnishambles of a performance last time out and this needs a 180 degree turnaround from management and players.

Binary scorelines with Tom Black scoring the only goal were a feature of these games for a while.

My first game after 20 years or so of not attending football was Thistle v Kilmarnock on 10th February 1996. I was introducing my kids to live football to ensure they did not defect to the Old Firm. It was a horrible game on a freezing day and indeed as Barney says, the aforementioned Tom Black netted an early penalty. Thistle huffed and puffed but never looked like equalising. Worst advert ever for watching football and yet we loved it so much we kept coming back and back, and now I hardly ever miss a game!

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 1

Before every game at Firhill for which the bar in the Aitken Suite is open, the same picture appears on the website showing a forlorn fan in full Thistle regalia waiting to be served. He lacks the courage to push into the melee at the bar and hangs back diffidently hoping that he can catch the eye of one of the bar staff.

It is totally heartbreaking, and for the next game it would be really encouraging to see the same fan happily acquainting himself with a pie and a pint.

My first game after 20 years or so of not attending football was Thistle v Kilmarnock on 10th February 1996. I was introducing my kids to live football to ensure they did not defect to the Old Firm. It was a horrible game on a freezing day and indeed as Barney says, the aforementioned Tom Black netted an early penalty. Thistle huffed and puffed but never looked like equalising. Worst advert ever for watching football and yet we loved it so much we kept coming back and back, and now I hardly ever miss a game!

Exactly the game that sprang to my mind. Absolutely zero response that day to the early goal from the last moustache in Scottish football.

TJR will no doubt have the sad statistics to hand, but I'm fairly sure Tom Black scoring against us was a regular feature for a while??

Edited by Barney Rubble

That could quite easily summarise ALL of our games against Killie at Firhill, since we got promoted. We’ve been awful against them. at home and in all honesty I’m m not gonna jinkx us by saying we’re going to be great today?

Steve Clarke is a decent appointment. New manager bounce for Killie?

He won’t be in the dug out today, so hopefully be a hard fought three points for us today. Seems a decent appointment indeed, certainly compared to their last few appointments. However seems strange that he’s gone from a Premier League manager to bottom of the Premiership in a couple of years.

I hope he’s an unmitigated disaster at The Tractor Dome.

• Like 1

Really need a win today.Dont care how it comes about,although I feel we will need at least a 2 goal lead so we don't start panicking, for us to win.I hope there is a good Thistle support today and lets get behind the team from the very first whistle.

Edited by Auld Jag

What has Jordan Turnbull done to be dropped..Anyone know what's happening with Bannigan not been listed in last two squads at all..only 5 subs listed again...Squeeky bum time for Archie..Get into them Thistle

don't think Tunbull will be dropped. I'm guessing he's injured or ill if he's not even sub and we're 1 short.