Rangers Vs Partick Thistle - Sunday 12 February

jagfox

59 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Just checked on Jagzone to see if we were getting any words of wisdom from our management team, Zilch, nothing, ......

It’s like that most weeks…….. 

But here’s some words of “wisdom”

“We did play ever-so-well in the first half in the first game [against Hamilton] and then the second game [against Cove] is totally changed on a penalty incident. And then Brian Graham stupidly gets sent off and never gave a penalty, so there were things that happened”.

So we lost to Cove because we didn’t get a penalty. It was all the refs fault.

Norman Wisdom more like!

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23313978.ian-mccall-accepts-partick-thistle-require-luck-defeat-rangers/

Edited by JAG1970
  • Like 1

Strange dream last night. Sneddon pulls off a string of brilliant saves and Morellos gets sent off because Holt has him in his pocket. The 90 mins finish at 0-0. Extra time and still no goals, so into penalties. It gets to 4-4. They score to make it 5-4, then, as Doc is stepping up to take our 5th, the ref is called to look at VAR. The decision ..... NO PENALTY !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I see Rangers are likely to have 6 players not available for selection!!!

Would have made a difference against Celtic and perhaps Hearts but with the quality they have in their squad might be worth two goals conceded to us. I predict 3-1 (instead of 5-1) to Rangers.

I think the big impact of the Rangers injuries is that although they will still be able to field a strong team Beale will be limited in his tactical options.

Pity Docherty looks likely to miss the game as his absence certainly weakens our midfield.

Cmon the Jags, time for a shock! Away to Celtic in the quarter finals would be a great draw!

1 hour ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Can't stand Ian McCall in the run up to these kinds of matches. Fans pay close to £25 for a ticket, yet the game "does not matter a jot." Just sums up why our record against the OF is an absolute disgrace. 

Alan Archibald demonstrated no interest either when we were in the top flight, happy to discount a minimum of 6 games a season. I actually think the second of his late collapses in the same season to a dreadful Sevco side was the start of his downfall.

2 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Can't stand Ian McCall in the run up to these kinds of matches. Fans pay close to £25 for a ticket, yet the game "does not matter a jot." Just sums up why our record against the OF is an absolute disgrace. 

100% correct, a one off cup game , anything can happen.

We always seem to be defeated before we go on the park, McCall should take some lessons from John Lambie who always gave it a go .

McCall has no respect for the 3000 fans travelling to Ibrox and  spent their good money .

Doesn’t give a jot about the game ( his words not mine ) , not sure if he deems getting a playoff place as being a success, certainly not in my book in a terrible league.

Hopefully his time is up soon .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've generally got time for McCall.

His comments before this game aren't acceptable though.

I want a Thistle team that's going to Ibrox to do their best to overcome them. I'll accept a team getting beaten on the park by a better team on the day.

What I cannot accept is a Thistle manager who appears to have given up on the game to be played tomorrow.

McCall's comments sound ominously like the latter.

If so, it plainly is not good enough.

11 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I've generally got time for McCall.

His comments before this game aren't acceptable though.

I want a Thistle team that's going to Ibrox to do their best to overcome them. I'll accept a team getting beaten on the park by a better team on the day.

What I cannot accept is a Thistle manager who appears to have given up on the game to be played tomorrow.

McCall's comments sound ominously like the latter.

If so, it plainly is not good enough.

His comments after the Cove game were that he " Could not care a monkeys about the Rangers game". I quote.. Terrible....He should stay at home tomorrow and watch it on the telly.,

14 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

For anyone going to the game using the Subway, last train from Govan is at 17.50 on a Sunday which means you’ll miss our victory lap if you try to catch it

https://www.spt.co.uk/travel-with-spt/subway/subway-timetables/

From TJF:

"We have also been advised by SPT that the Subway will be running extended Sunday hours (until 8pm, rather than the usual 6pm) to enable fans to get back from Ibrox to the City Centre and West End."

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

100% correct, a one off cup game , anything can happen.

We always seem to be defeated before we go on the park, McCall should take some lessons from John Lambie who always gave it a go .

McCall has no respect for the 3000 fans travelling to Ibrox and  spent their good money .

Doesn’t give a jot about the game ( his words not mine ) , not sure if he deems getting a playoff place as being a success, certainly not in my book in a terrible league.

Hopefully his time is up soon .

McCall isn't daft - he will play the underdog card in Public that way if its a heavy defeat its as expected 

but lets not forget the last time in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox or Rangers at Firhill in the League Cup - he will set his stall out to try and get a decent result and take a bit of pressure off recent results 

one positive is a very good travelling support and an end to this “ Im not going to sit amongst OF Rubbish “ our Fans are going to be brilliant today 

Mon The Jags 😀❤️💛🖤

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

one positive is a very good travelling support and an end to this “ Im not going to sit amongst OF Rubbish “ our Fans are going to be brilliant today 

Mon The Jags 😀❤️💛🖤

An end to the "becoming the 4th team in Glasgow" theory as well, despite current league positions. We have a far bigger support than Queens Park.

48 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

McCall isn't daft - he will play the underdog card in Public that way if its a heavy defeat its as expected 

but lets not forget the last time in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox or Rangers at Firhill in the League Cup - he will set his stall out to try and get a decent result and take a bit of pressure off recent results 

Mon The Jags 😀❤️💛🖤

Absolutely this!