Summer comings and goings

Jaggernaut

Happy with this. Adeloye looked a difficult player to mark. Should get us a few goals but just as importantly create space for others to score.

Think priority now should be another centreback.  We're in a pickle if Muirhead or Williams gets injured. Failing that some sort of multi position defensive type but we'll still need a centreback pretty pronto.

Adeloye looks an upgrade on Mullen or Dowds so that looks like decent business.

You have to wonder what the point is in keeping Dowds. He's at best 3rd choice to 2 strikers that have a very similar style.

Unless we're going to convert Dowds into an emergency centre back?

12 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Happy with this. Adeloye looked a difficult player to mark. Should get us a few goals but just as importantly create space for others to score.

Think priority now should be another centreback.  We're in a pickle if Muirhead or Williams gets injured. Failing that some sort of multi position defensive type but we'll still need a centreback pretty pronto.

Reasonably pleased with this but it's the area of the pitch where we're currently least exposed. Central defence & central midfield worryingly light. Re the latter the Bannigan/Stanway combo simply won't cut it.

24 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

May be difficult to manage also.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23461388.tomi-adeloye-not-giving-100-percent-swindon-says-jody-morris/

8 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

The club, I guess. Just like they tell us when a sponsorship deal comes on board or renews. 

I wouldn’t expect the club to publicise every minutiae of every financial transaction. Would you expect them to tell you how much was spent on agent an legal fees to complete today’s signing?

9 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I wouldn’t expect the club to publicise every minutiae of every financial transaction. Would you expect them to tell you how much was spent on agent a legal fees to complete today’s signing?

I didn’t say they should tell us how much, just like they don’t tell us how much a sponsorship deal is worth. Just that it happened. Why wouldn’t you, it’s good news. Mind you they did tell us that we nearly couldn’t pay the wages twice last season. That’s fairly detailed info, don’t you think ? 

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I didn’t say they should tell us how much, just like they don’t tell us how much a sponsorship deal is worth. Just that it happened. Why wouldn’t you, it’s good news. Mind you they did tell us that we nearly couldn’t pay the wages twice last season. That’s fairly detailed info, don’t you think ? 

Sponsorship deals are a little different as the sponsor is essentially paying for that publicity, and the announcement is part of the deal .

5 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Sponsorship deals are a little different as the sponsor is essentially paying for that publicity, and the announcement is part of the deal .

That’s a fair point, although I still see no good reason to share good news like getting the windfall from the transfers. Incidentally, do these payments come automatically or do we need to make a claim ?Maybe something for the new CEO to check and hope the cut off, if there is one, hasn’t passed for Nisbet.

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Good to see another promising player signing an extension 👍

Harry Milne signs one-year contract extension | Partick Thistle FC (ptfc.co.uk)

Yes just read this on the OS. I think this is brilliant news and the contract extension  feels like we have signed a new player given Milne's lengthy injury absence.

Best of lzuck with your recovery Harry and welcome to Firhill Tomi

47 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Yes just read this on the OS. I think this is brilliant news and the contract extension  feels like we have signed a new player given Milne's lengthy injury absence.

Best of luck with your recovery Harry and welcome to Firhill Tomi

Always like Harry's refreshing honesty about his own and the team's performance levels. in JagZone interviews he freely admits that he was not at his best last week, and I am sure that he will back up to his normal high standard tomorrow.

Too early for him to retire from playing, but when he does he would be an excellent pundit, intelligent, analytical and with a good dose of humour.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Always like Harry's refreshing honesty about his own and the team's performance levels. in JagZone interviews he freely admits that he was not at his best last week, and I am sure that he will back up to his normal high standard tomorrow.

Too early for him to retire from playing, but when he does he would be an excellent pundit, intelligent, analytical and with a good dose of humour.

Or manager/coach

• Like 1

Very good news about Harry. I am sure if he had held off until the end of the year he would have had plenty of other clubs looking for his signature on a pca. For me it shows he has faith on what is happening at Firhill.

Welcome to Firhill Tomi, hope you manage to bang in the goals for us.