Queens Park Away

Lambies Lost Doo

4 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Scottish women's national team playing next week at Hampden, so Queens Park play their home game on Friday so that Hampden can be ready for that.

Scottish women's team are playing Tuesday night the 31.. how does it take so long to get the place ready..  They used to play semi final games Saturday and Sunday...

11 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Scottish women's team are playing Tuesday night the 31.. how does it take so long to get the place ready..  They used to play semi final games Saturday and Sunday...

A point I've heard mentioned a few times and largely unanswered.

The only "good" I can see out of this is that QP will suffer due to lower attendance. And I say "good" simply because we don't know what as a club they're up to. What's their (Haughey's) long game? On face value the redeveloping of Lesser Hampden with such a low capacity makes such little sense for a club with aspirations to stay in this division never mind the top tier. Do they believe that they'll be able to play at lesser Hampden against the likes of Livingston, Ross County etc and take fixtures against the OF, Hearts Hibs etc. to the big ground? So when I see the SFA apparently playing hardball with QP over this game tomorrow it gives me just a little hope they're not going to kowtow to Haughey FC re the bigger picture. 

• Like 1

Is it not a UEFA ruling rather than SFA decision about the 3 days without the pitch being used?

I really don't understand why a club can switch grounds during the season. All very strange. Like you I'm definitely of the opinion that Haughey has some long term plan not necessarily to suit QP.

On 10/25/2023 at 6:14 PM, Auld Jag said:

Scottish women's national team playing next week at Hampden, so Queens Park play their home game on Friday so that Hampden can be ready for that.

Good God!

Traditional fans yet again deprived of Saturday and I can’t even blame the appalling broadcasting deal this time.

I’m boycotting!

Straw clutching but each time we've lost a game when the opposition has scored three or more goals we have bounced back.  In fact we've won the following game with a good bit to spare. We seem to be a team that once on the pitch has very shaky confidence. We're also a team that requires the lion's share of possession. Not necessarily because we're great on the ball, more that we're poor at winning the ball back. Thus slow recycling of the ball followed be aimless punts upfield really annoy me.

Individually I sense so much depends on Lawless. When McMillan plays Wee Stevie doesn't have to be on top of his game to be effective. The whole greater than the sum of the parts. Without McMillan he has to be on top form. When that happens we're likely to get a result. Of course the ball has to be played to the lad's feet and that rarely occurs when we resort to the long punts. 

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

each time we've lost a game when the opposition has scored three or more goals we have bounced back.  In fact we've won the following game

Haven't been to Hampden since our Cup semi some years ago. After last week I was going to give this a miss. Just bought a ticket. You've talked me into it. I may thank you later.