Sign in to follow this  
jagfox

Dundee Away - League campaign kicks off 30 July

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

Very much a case of lets hope we score more than we concede with that 11.

Your wish came true 

• Haha 1

Not even going to complain about losing 2 goals with our makeshift defence today,  we will only get better once Defence is sorted. So yassssss

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

Very much a case of lets hope we score more than we concede with that 11.

And so it proved.

1 hour ago, Thistle88 said:

Not even going to complain about losing 2 goals with our makeshift defence today,  we will only get better once Defence is sorted. So yassssss

How long have you been supporting The Jags ? I wouldn't bank on it !

Terrific away win, to start the league campaign AND against the relegated Premier league team/one of the favourites for promotion. It was a tough first fixture, but will surely boost confidence in the players, for what lies ahead!

34 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How long have you been supporting The Jags ? I wouldn't bank on it !

32 years of happiness, try be positive for once Dick this negativity is why you don’t get invited to party’s anymore.

Always good to start the season with a win. Even better when it’s an away win against Dungdee. Massive difference this season in the options we have middle to front giving us a real goal threat. If we can get a settled back four then hopefully we should be there or thereabouts come next May. 

Been critical of Graham in the past but we really lost a steadying presence when he went off.  Not to mention someone to help defend the flurry of corners at the end.

Liked the look of Weston.  One of those wee dogs who doesn’t know he’s wee.

Thought Turner filled in adequately in defence and found himself with lots of open field a number of times.

Happy to see Tiff back on - looked speedy.

Thought Mitchell was excellent and couldn’t help wondering if the result would have been different had it been Sneddon, even though I like Sneddon a lot.

Dundee audio commentary…..we’re they contest winners or something?  Plucked off the street 15 minutes prior to the game?  Makes me appreciate our own team.

Those are my silly American post-match thoughts.  Happy Saturday all!!!

Sung to the tune of ‘Bread of Heaven’:

’Jo-hnny Ne-lms,, Jo-hnny Ne-lms, 

Are you watching, Jo-hnny Nelms?

Are you watching, Jo-hnny Nelms?’

Repeat as often as you like!

Edited by denismcquadeno.eleven

Very happy with the result and particularly the performance toda.y. Wouldn’t be terribly critical of a RB forced to play out of position at CB. As good aJags performance, since I don’t remember when. Of course we made the odd mistake here and there, but it would have been a complete travesty if we hadn’t left Dens with three points today.:fan:

• Like 1

What’s the story with injuries anyway .. Hope Brownlie hasn’t had a set back Knee wise. Reckon him or Muirhead would have helped us avoid those goals today at the end.

16 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

What’s the story with injuries anyway .. Hope Brownlie hasn’t had a set back Knee wise. Reckon him or Muirhead would have helped us avoid those goals today at the end.

apparently something with his groin. McCall told a few fans before the game apparently

Just now, jaggy said:

apparently something with his groin. McCall told a few fans before the game apparently

Cheers we might end up needing one more player than we thought by the looks of things.