I hate to tempt fate by starting a thread, but it's DUFC the morra

Much better. I'd say the changes all came off. Mitchell looked decent, Williams put in some really good tackles, Neilson looked mire confident in midfield and Robinson was constantly busy and causing problems.

Macbeth also looked useful and the whole team looked better with a bit if extra height for defending.

Neilson ultimately to blame for the goal by failing to clear, but he looks much more comfortable in the defensive mid berth than at left centre back.

Think we also learned today that it’s more important for Wasiri to be at right centre back than for Muirhead to be.

Scott Robinson was decent too.

Folk were worried that with this line up we’d be overrun in midfield but it was anything but.

Tired a bit late on but much optimism.

Also Dundee United are an incredibly dirty team.

much better today though we sat back too deep in the second half …. Mitchell  made a couple of good saves so that’s a positive !

I thought Williams was very good today and gives us the opportunity to rest Muirhead …..

sadly we gave away another error strewn goal but st least it was only one !

I can’t help feeling Fitzpatrick isn’t fully fit he seems to tire pretty quickly too often and had a poor second half .

stops the danger of a losing run and hopefully settles everyone down

Good performance in the first half, could have been 2 up with Neilson going close twice. Mitchell looked solid and was good at getting the ball going forward quickly several times. On the back foot for most of the second half and another poorly defended goal. But it was a gusty performance which deserved a point.

Could have had a penalty in the second half for handball, and either Doc or the petulant Moult could have seen red. 

Think we need to stick with this starting line up especially Neilson in midfield and Williams at right centre back. Hopefully provides some solidity and consistency over the next couple of games at least. 

Good battling performance today…another powder puff goal to concede! 

Macbeth is a great signing and hopefully signals the end of Banzo.

Milne was outstanding! 

Robinson put some shift in, was involved a lot without really doing too much but a few clever touches and was a nuisance.

never drop Mitchell again! 

doolan was spot on today! 

Well done to Dools for changing things and well done to the 11 starters, not a failure among them. I thought Milne was brilliant today but great performances from many others. I know we were under the cosh a bit in the 2nd half but we defended well for the most part 

to add, yet another poor excuse for a ref today, where on earth do they dig these guys up from?

Edited by jaggy

The best thing about today is that everyone looked confident out there, and that’s been sorely lacking the last few games.

Awful goal to concede when we generally were very good at clearances.

Agree that Robinson threw himself about and was very involved, but he isn’t someone I think of as an actual threat.  Wish we had an alternative there who could be both, but I don’t think we do.

Lawless magic on the ball again - he looked a little off his game last time out so was nice to see.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Really decent result.  The last Dundee United game at Firhill played in worse weather had over 5100 there today was 4400 that’s probably lower because of our poor run of form which is disappointing 

I think their support was down a good bit - looked to be only about 1000 or so

15 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Well done to Dools for changing things and well done to the 11 starters, not a failure among them. I thought Milne was brilliant today but great performances from many others. I know we were under the cosh a bit in the 2nd half but we defended well for the most part 

to add, yet another poor excuse for a ref today, where on earth do they dig these guys up from?

Agree about the ref - never gave the impression he was in control, did not pretend he was even bothered about throws in being taken from even close to the correct position and failed to give the corner at the death (even with the assistant signalling for it).

Thought everyone played well today. Was really pleased with Williams performance and McBeth’s.  We didn’t create too many chances but might well have had a couple of goals at the end of the 1st half. We struggled in the 2nd half and it was no surprise that they scored. Docherty and Moult might well have been sent off.

14 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Agree about the ref - never gave the impression he was in control, did not pretend he was even bothered about throws in being taken from even close to the correct position and failed to give the corner at the death (even with the assistant signalling for it).

Ref kept shrugging his shoulders like “I didn’t see it”… Another duffer 

• Like 1

That was encouraging.

Fair play to the manager for tearing up his standard script and trying something else.

McBeth and Neilson as a fulcrum of a 4-4-1-1 worked really well, and you can see that Neilson can grow further into that role.

Robinson was a standout, worked tirelessly and didn't give their midfield or back line a minute's peace all day.

Would have liked to have seen their keeper tested a bit more often, but all in all that had a lot more shape and structure than we've been used to lately.

An entertainingly feisty game with a draw a fair enough result -we didn't look like a team that should be 13 points behind United. 

Mitchell played like a professional goalkeeper - I heard him shouting instructions to the team throughout the first half & his distribution was good. Williams is not as clumsy as he sometimes looks though he seemed to be nudged off balance by Moult a few times...I'm not sure he was trusted to pass out of defence and we launched it from the back more often...McBeth & Neilson are big guys so that was quite effective. Robinson was busy & committed...a better option than McInroy or Alston.

It was a much more solid performance than recent weeks but disappointing to lose another goal through not pushing out to challenge and to clear our lines.

With a less tolerant ref, Docherty & Moult would have been red-carded...and Graham & Gallagher's rutting stags display didn't even merit a yellow.   I was sure there was a clear hand ball in the area by Grimshaw late in the second half.

20 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Strangely I thought that the referee was quite good today and let the game flow. He did not give a foul every time a player fell over, like most referees tend to do.

I agree. He got a bit more frustrating in a few moments as the game went on, but was fairly even handed and it made for an enjoyable contest.

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Strangely I thought that the referee was quite good today and let the game flow. He did not give a foul every time a player fell over, like most referees tend to do.

Agree, i felt this made it a more enjoyable game.

I thought that every player earned pass marks, with McBeth, williams and Milne deserving extra mention. We looked far more confident than i thought we would've after our last couple of results. Keep playing like that and we should hold onto our top 4 place then who knows what could happen.

Edited by Auld Jag

3 hours ago, allyo said:

I thought Fitzpatrick did a lot of things right. His corners first half were excellent.

Good to hear.

It's easy to feel that players in this particular role aren't doing well every week.

Truth is, it's difficult to be on the front foot and creating and scoring chances every week and if they play an easy ball, it seems they are passing the buck.

It's a bit of a thankless task, unless you are at the level of R7 and they are one per generation.

Fitzpatrick might blow hot and cold but that's the nature of that style of player, rather than fitness or a lack of trying.

I think we would be less of a team without him.

Edited by CotterJag