Inverness Match - 23rd December

Fawlty Towers

Excellent atmosphere tonight. Great to hear the non-stop singing from the JLS. A whole different mood around Firhill now Jlow is gone.

On the park we were good but hard to judge just how good as ICT were really bad. 

Everyone in a Thistle jersey got at least pass marks. My man of the match was Brian Graham not so much for the goal but more because his touch and close control as well as his bullying of the ICT central defence created so much space for others to play.

In saying that Milne wasn't far behind. His tackle to rob the ICT right-back for the first goal really creates the opportunity and his cross for the second was superb.

Fitzpatrick was very good and very encouraging to see him have 2 good games in a row. If he can do that against the better fullbacks in the league he may have turned the corner.

Nice to see Holt back. If we can get Docherty fit and some decent business done in January we should be in the mix.

A christmas cracker as Thistle stuff Billy Dodd's turkeys. :getmecoat:

A great performance from Thistle, very reminiscent of our 5-1 trouncing of Morton earlier in the season.

No failures but Graham (some great footwork and scored), Fitzpatrick(continued form from Saturday), Turner(on a good run of form assist and goal) and bannigan(seemed to be everywhere tonight) really stood out for me.

Excellent stuff tonight. I've criticised a lack of fitness often enough but we seem to have cured that. Bannigan was even playing like a teenager. First to the ball and covering the entire park. Fitzpatrick playing down the left was every bit as effective as a completely fit Tiffoney. All the goals were well worked.

Also playing in that strip and at that quality reminded me fondly of ten year ago..

• Like 1

Great performance even if we were up against probably the worst Inverness performance I’ve ever seen. We look so dangerous going forward down both wings just now, reminiscent of the league winning team 10 years ago. Maybe it’s that strip? Or just 2 marauding full backs? 😄

Good performance tonight, and should have scored more. Fitzpatrick is red hot, and whatever role Turner is playing it works. I left at 5-1 to try and get home for a few pints, and wondered what the cheer was for.(red card) Not to take anything away from us tonight, but they're woeful. I'm heading home next week and will miss the Queen's game. I've seen them do us twice this season and would love to get some revenge.  There's a lot more to life than football, but the last couple of weeks have lifted my mood. I hope you all enjoy your break.

• Like 2

Glad I got up at 4:30 am to watch the live stream. Terrible opening first five minutes, then pretty much as good a performance as you could hope for in the circumstances. An excellent team effort, but special mentions maybe for Milne, Fitzpatrick, Graham and Bannigan, the latter hitting some lovely passes and creating opportunities.

Here's hoping the recent good form continues into the new year and beyond!

Agree with all the comments about our performance and especially about how well worked the goals were. Difficult to choose but I think my favourite is Mullin's goal. He received the ball with his back to goal, held off the defender snd made s good turn to plsce the ball into the far corner.

I said a week or so ago that I had a dream we would win all 5 of our games in this sequence of matches. That's 2 down, Ayr and ICT,  so  3 to go - Oueens Park, Morton and Dundee. 

The football world is looking a brighter place this morning! C'mon the Jags.

9 hours ago, dibble said:

Hope all those calling for mccalls head a few weeks ago are eating their words

Nope. He is still very limited and by my count we have 13 wins from 39 league games in 2023. 5th place with the players at his disposal is simply not good enough.

More chance of Brussels Sprouts being eaten in this house than words.

8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Nope. He is still very limited and by my count we have 13 wins from 39 league games in 2023. 5th place with the players at his disposal is simply not good enough.

Aw Naw! I was hoping for better in the new year, but Mystic Dick has spoken.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Our very own Grinch. 

Another plus for me over the last couple of games has been Young Zander. He looks to be a genuine understudy for a number of players. He replaced Aiden down the right last week and Milne last night on the other flank. Even tho' he's only 17 he looks strong, appears no pushover in defence and can get forward. Long way to go and no doubt he makes an error or two but very promising all the same.

• Like 1