Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Garscube Road End 2

League Leaders v. Airdrieonians

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Would it not be funny (well maybe funny is the wrong word) if Airdrie won league and Montrose went up via play offs.  Would make us, Falkirk and Cove look like proper mugs.

Gonnae no' say that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Would it not be funny (well maybe funny is the wrong word) if Airdrie won league and Montrose went up via play offs.  Would make us, Falkirk and Cove look like proper mugs.

That’s tonight’s Jags Nightmare sorted. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I despair. How on earth can this be defined as a must win game ?

What exactly changes if we don't win ? Whatever happens, winning the league is still in our own hands.

If ever there was a game which wasn't must win, it is this one.

Despair ye not as I'm in your camp that no matter the result there is always a must win games round the corner. Many fans alas are not so optimistic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been feeling the nerves in the last couple of games which is a great thing.

Was getting worried that I wasn't too bothered any more.

By no means a fair weather fan but the excitement of the last couple of games and our position in the league has got me buzzin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I despair. How on earth can this be defined as a must win game ?

What exactly changes if we don't win ? Whatever happens, winning the league is still in our own hands.

If ever there was a game which wasn't must win, it is this one.

While we can still win the league even if we lose tomorrow you are correct in saying it is not a must win game. But i would prefer that we won the next 3 games and we would be league champions by next Thursday night. Of course it would not be the Thistle way to do it that simply. But for the sake of what little hair i have left, i hope we do. So it is nearly a must win game.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Despair ye not as I'm in your camp that no matter the result there is always a must win games round the corner. Many fans alas are not so optimistic...

I haven't been this nervous about Thistle since our play off games v. Livingston. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

That brought back memories of my second favourite video game in the 70s after Space Invaders:

 Haemorrhoids.

Jagsteroids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jaggy said:

It's a big birthday for me tomorrow, so looking for a 6-0 win :lol:

You are only as young as you feel so 2-1 win tmrw for you @jaggy

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

While we can still win the league even if we lose tomorrow you are correct in saying it is not a must win game. But i would prefer that we won the next 3 games and we would be league champions by next Thursday night. Of course it would not be the Thistle way to do it that simply. But for the sake of what little hair i have left, i hope we do. So it is nearly a must win game.

An almust win game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the last time we had such an important week of football ?  It feels a bit like the contenders are challenging us in order - 4th then 3rd then 2nd.  To be honest, I am feeling really nervous about this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Airdrie have hit a bit of form recently so will be a very difficult opponent, they can mix it up too (hence why Paton is in midfield), this is the game I’m most worried about, beat them and we should build a bit of space at the top and continue our run (hopefully to the title), lose and a draw in Falkirk v Cove and its 1 point separating 4 teams with 3 to go.

Defence needs to stay focused and we need to play “our game” as we have last few games,  plus keep the discipline (Aye you Mr Graham), I think this will be a fiery physical game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jaggy said:

It's a big birthday for me tomorrow, so looking for a 6-0 win :lol:

Congrats Jaggy ...welcome to the “up tae the Lavvy 3 or 4 times a night “club..although my bones feel a 6-1 result on the way :confused1:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jaggy said:

It's a big birthday for me tomorrow, so looking for a 6-0 win :lol:

Happy Birthday jaggy :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

When was the last time we had such an important week of football ?  It feels a bit like the contenders are challenging us in order - 4th then 3rd then 2nd.  To be honest, I am feeling really nervous about this week.

Me too. Different kind of pressure now. We've gone from 'all to gain' to 'all to lose'. We'll see how the players handle that today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, elevenone said:

Would it not be funny (well maybe funny is the wrong word) if Airdrie won league and Montrose went up via play offs.  Would make us, Falkirk and Cove look like proper mugs.

It would be funny. We would look like proper mugs and, given the League is so tight, it's not impossible this could happen

Quite rightly the talk has been about the pressure on our opponents. For instance if Airdrie lose today that's kaput for them and if Falkirk and Cove draw or one loses it virtually rules them out. But if we lose today and then face a trip to Cove  it could be curtains for us. 

We must not lose today! 

Thankfully the Airdrie attack which is good is up against one of the best defences while our attack which is very good is up against one of the weaker defences. This could be crucial. 

I hope though we, for once, start this game on the front foot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I hope though we, for once, start this game on the front foot! 

And especially in the second half!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jaggy said:

It's a big birthday for me tomorrow, so looking for a 6-0 win :lol:

What should I look for as it's my 45 .th  wedding anniversary today..????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jaggy said:

It's a big birthday for me tomorrow, so looking for a 6-0 win :lol:

... supporting the jags he doesn’t look a day over 75 :partyhat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

What should I look for as it's my 45 .th  wedding anniversary today..????

look for a lawyer ... you’d have got less time for murder!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a fecking nervous wreck, to be honest. Our glorious habits of grasping defeat from the Jaws of Victory are not too far from my mind. I'm not sure I'm actually looking forward to today. However, we've got into the habit of tenaciously grinding out victory, like the other night on a dreadful pitch which looked like somebody's back garden after their dug has been digging for bones. 

My worry is that we start nervy and Airdrie score early. My hope is that we do well. 

Edited by westertonjagfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

What should I look for as it's my 45 .th  wedding anniversary today..????

'45 was the year when Bonnie Prince Charlie raised the standard at Glenfinnan, so let's hope that Thistle can raise the standard at Firhill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×